5.26.2011

Finding Treasures this Weekend




 
There are two things I like to do on Saturday mornings in the Spring.  One is hunt for treasures at garage and estate sales and the other is sell the treasures I've salvaged and restored.  Two weekends ago I did the Flea Affair with two of my Picker friends, Heather Gardner, and Diedre Roberts.  This is a wonderful event at an estate in Granite Bay.  Very friendly hosts and vendors with treasures of cottage decor and salvaged finds.  It's supposed to be a selling event.  Of course, I find myself buying as much, if not more than, I sell.


This weekend we are doing our last garage sale of the season.  The first ones we did were to raise funds for The Relay for Life/American Cancer Society.  Our team raised $4,000.  All Folsom teams together raised $90,000 and 178 people signed up for a Cancer Study that will go on for 25 years (Yeah Folsom!)  We've been accumulating and restoring new treasures over the past few months and it's time to sell them.  Heather has been gathering great finds from Santa Cruz and I've been working on some fabulous treasures that will either go in the garage sale this weekend (Sat 8am to 1pm on Haddington Drive in Folsom) or in the shop: Gracefully Vintage http://www.shopgracefullyvintage.net/

Garage Sale Items...






No comments:

Post a Comment